Sunday, March 4, 2012

Armadillo Dash 5K

Just got back not too long ago from the Armadillo Dash 5K! I have to say, it was tougher than I thought it was going to be, although I did just start training for it about 2 weeks ago. I thought to myself "no matter what I am not going to walk." I wanted to push myself and that is exactly what I did on this 5K. I was doing well until about 2 miles and then I really started struggling. The course had more hills than I had been training with (there aren't many hills in College Station). But I pushed through and as I was nearing the finish line, I could feel the burn! The only complication I ended up having was at the end I was wheezing some, but I was able to get my breathing under control and I started drinking some water to hydrate. My dad called me not long after I had finished and congratulated me on my 36 minute time! I was wearing a chip but I didn't know he could see my time immediately after I went through the finish line! Technology is amazing! Well here are some pictures from the race :)

No comments:

Post a Comment