Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pensacola Beach, FL Spring Break!

So I've been in Pensacola the last 3 days for spring break and it has been wonderful!  I LOVE the beach!  The drive was quite long (12 hours from College Station), but I have found it was totally worth it.  I actually came down here to (possibly) SCUBA dive, but the weather has not really cooperated with us.  It has been cloudy and windy the whole time we have been here and today is the first day it has become a bit warmer.  Sadly, we are leaving tomorrow! :( 

While I've been here, I have been pushing myself to run!  The hotel has a fitness center, so I ran on the treadmill on Sunday, and I just got back from running down the island and it was awesome!  I ran/walked some for about 2 miles, then walked along the beach for about 1 mile (trying to avoid the man-o-wars), and then ran the rest of the way back to the hotel (a total of 4.41 miles).  I really enjoy looking on each side of me and seeing the ocean!  I am hoping to be ready for my 5K on Saturday morning! 


Here is the map of where Pensacola Beach is:



Here a some pictures from the trip:

The view  from our balcony

Myself on the beach!

 The one time the sun came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment