Friday, March 9, 2012

So I've been a bit lazy since I ran the 5K on Sunday!  I also had a midterm this week so that didn't help much.

I just got back from running 2.66 miles.  I was a bit slow and it was tiring... so hopefully I will learn my lesson of not running for 4 days.  I am leaving for spring break to Pensacola tomorrow morning at 6am and I have already found a running route that I am going to use when I get there (hopefully- Google maps can only show so much).  I will continue to post while on spring break!  I am running the St. Patty's Day Dash Down Greenville 5K next Saturday in Dallas, which I am super excited about!  I roped a friend into doing it with me so we'll see how that goes! Hopefully she can keep up! (jk)

I am also going to register for a race that is on April 14 called Run for Compassion that is here in College Station and is benefiting the Compassion Child Survival Program (https://www.facebook.com/RunForCompassion).  I am then hosting a 3K/5K on the 15 called Race for the Reefs, which is benefiting the Nature Conservancy Adopt-A-Coral-Reef program and the Texas A&M Scuba Club (http://facebook.com/RacefortheReefs or www.RacefortheReefs.com) Let me tell you, hosting a run is not easy at all!  I still need about 50 more people to register!! If you know anyone in the Brazos Valley area, please let them know about the race!  There is then a 5K on April 21 called Footprints (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Footprints-for-Earth-Day/187987331303093) which should be fun!  My thought is, I should continue registering for runs so I keep training!! (and it works)

Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment